1. As a night-time moisturizer. Apply a thin layer of castor oil to your face and go to bed. It is rather heavy so you won’t want to do this during the day. Castor oil reduces the appearance of wrinkles and under eye circles. Its antibacterial properties are also helpful at treating minor acne.
2. To stimulate eyelash and eyebrow growth. Apply a tiny amount of castor oil to the tips of eyelashes and over eyebrows to stimulate their growth. Avoid getting the oil into eyes. (ow!)
3. To heal split ends. Apply some castor oil to the ends of your hair to help moisturize dry ends and prevent splitting.
4. To dissolve cystic acne and other skin masses. Castor oil’s cyst-dissolving properties offer a natural, safe way to decrease these painful, embarrassing masses. Apply a small amount to problem areas and leave on overnight. The castor oil also decreases the pain and inflammation associated with this type of acne.
5. To to help with hair growth. Applying alone or as a mixture of equal parts Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Jojoba Oil with 8 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil helps stimulate the follicle and results in gradual hair growth. You can also use it as a sealant to seal moisture in your hair. It is great for regrowing edges and also aiding in thicker roots if applied to your scalp. Its best if applied daily (although I only do it when my hair is not straight).
6. To naturally deep clean the face. Science tells us that “like dissolves like”, which is why the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) is one of the most effective ways to deep clean pores, removing blackhead-causing debris. Simply combine one part castor oil to one part carrier oil (a light oil like apricot kernel oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil or almond oil) and massage face thoroughly for 10 minutes. The oil enters pores, removing the waxy junk and blackheads that often erupt as acne. After massaging, wet a clean washcloth with very hot water (be careful not to burn yourself), wring out excess water and apply the hot cloth over your face until it cools. It is also a great makeup remover.
7. To detoxify the liver. Create a castor oil pack by applying a liberal amount of castor oil over the liver (on the right side of the abdomen, below the right breast, over the rib cage). Next, apply an old towel over the area and then a hot water bottle. Relax for 30 – 60 minutes, allowing the castor oil to penetrate the liver and gallbladder, aiding in their detoxification. This is a necessary ritual to perform every day while engaging in any kind of dietary of lifestyle detoxification program.
It is not the best smelling oil but I’m sure with a few essential oils it will smell just fine! Here are a few other ways to use castor oil!